Get here with Journey Planner

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Busy but still catching up...

I am so happy that people are still visiting this humble blog eventhough I haven't been here. I got news for my friends, just a quick update. Due to recession I lost the job in the print ads. I saw this ad from the newspaper here that a co named CareUK is actually looking for community carers, even without experience because they're willing to train. I took the opportunity and applied. Luckily they accepted me but still have to wait for 3 months for test and trainings. They said they will also send me to school for free and will give me an opportunity to take NVQ Level 2 for social and health care. Isnt that so exciting??? I have been working for them for 2 months now and all my service users are very nice and easy. I'm still in 3 months probation but I think im doing well. My coordinator at the office is very nice and it was challenging at first dealing with different people. Different people with different needs, demands and preferences. I work hard just to deliver my service properly. So what do I do exactly? Well, they sent us rota every week, it contains names and address of our clients. It also contains hours and task that we need the work to be delivered. I am a community care worker aka care giver. I am serving older people depending on there needs. At first it was very tiring, because they'll just give you 5-15 mins gap to your next client but now that I know the drill I was able to cope to the pressure. We also do double ups meaning 2 carers work for one person, in this case our service user is probably paralyzed. I belong to the Hammersmith and Fulham branch at the moment.

The good news now is i'm blogging regularly not that I think I can really make it but I will try my best. I'll give you updates on what's going on here in London. Interesting news you can get fresh from the daily newspaper. All the great stories. Please continue blog hopping with me. Thanks to you all. Babooo!


No comments: