Get here with Journey Planner

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

I am sorry that I can't post happy christmas photos in here because our christmas wasn't all that fancy. We celebrated our christmas in the hospital for I needed to stay there for a while. I got admitted last monday. I called the ambulance because all of sudden it was so hard to breathe. I was praying they would get to me very quick and they did. Immediately I was taken to Hammersmith Hospital Accidents and Emergencies. All along I thought I developed an asthma because of a very bad flu. I was on oxygen. The doctors has done so many tests until they found out that my kidneys are releasing proteins and I already have lost a lot. They told me I have Systematic Lupus Erythematosus. It is very common in women my age with an Asian/oriental background. They know it is in my genes but they just don't understand what really triggers it. I must admit I am a bit scared because I never heard of this so this is why it made me research and I was truly convince that I have it because all the symptoms is happening to me. I will be scheduled for biopsy this Monday, I am actually ready for the weekend but the doctor said it is holiday season and only few people are working, it is better to wait till Monday. The doctors assured me that this is the right hospital for my kidney problem and after all this I will be continuously be monitored by the kidney clinic. I wish I don't stay in the hospital for very long and will be released by Wednesday or Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry about your condition

sharky